WILL MY PHONE WORK? DO YOU HAVE WIFI?
- One of the staff members might have a spare visitors' phone that your team can use for your stay. If there are no visitors' phones available, talk to a staff member about helping you purchase one in town.
- To call the US:
- Dial +1 then the area code followed by the number you are calling.
- As of 2013, calling the US from a Kenyan cell phone costs 3-5 KSH per minute. It doesn’t cost anything for the person in the States to receive the call.
- For the US to call you:
- MITS staff might provide you with a Kenyan cell phone for the duration of your stay. Your loved ones in America will be able to reach that number with the following steps:
- Email/call home to give them your Kenyan number.
- When someone from America wants to call you, they need to dial the United States exit code (011) followed by the Kenya country code (254) followed by your Kenyan number minus the preceding 0.
- Wi-fi is available on the MITS property in Kamulu
- Our wi-fi network is accessible throughout the Learning Centre as well as the Guest Houses and Intern House
- You will receive the wi-fi password from one of our Learning Centre staff members when you arrive in Kamulu.
- Use your smart phone or laptop to connect with the wi-fi at Artcaffe, Java House, or other upscale restaurants in Nairobi.
- Regardless of what you do, the internet will be slow. Emailing is fine, posting a few pictures on facebook is possible if you are patient. Streaming movies on Netflix is out of the question.