WHAT WILL MY FIRST DAY BE LIKE?
- As soon as you arrive in Kamulu, you will be given a key to your living area. You will be the only person with access to your living space. Valuables can be left behind safely in your room. Always lock doors behind you when you leave, even for a minute.
- Chapel starts at 8 AM.
- Once chapel is finished (around 8:40), the staff meets briefly (you are welcome to participate) and students go to classes begin at 9 AM.
- A MITS staff member will give you an orientation and take you on a tour of the campus.
- Lunch is at 12:00 PM at the Learning Centre.
- Have dirty laundry? There is a washing machine available at the M House. Frequently students ask visitors if they can do small chores in exchange for spending money. 50 KSH is an appropriate wage for a small load of laundry.
- Dinner is at 7pm.
- Team meeting, planning for the next day. After dinner is a good time to do this.
- Don’t forget your sleeping meds or melatonin if you are feeling jet-lagged.