MITS VISITOR'S MANUAL
HOW TO CONTINUE SUPPORTING MITS WHEN YOU'RE BACK HOME
- Get on the MITS email list (www.madeinthestreets.org)
- Sponsor a student
- Buy your birthday and Christmas gifts at the MITS online store.
- Facilitate a Handmade Tour event at a school, church or venue near you. The Handmade Tour happens in June, July and August every year and is MITS’ major form of awareness and fundraising.
- Hold a MITS Bazaar at your church
- Gather your team together and share your recent MITS experience with everyone you know! Make chapatis, serve chai, cook a Kenyan feast, show your trip video or another video from the MITS website, share some photos from the streets or from safari, sell some MITS handmade goods and have a great time.
- Plan ahead for this and carry items home from the Wood Working Shop and Tailoring Shop for the sale. Send the leftover inventory to Dusty and Cecily to be sold at the MITS online store.
- An event like this can serve as a missions report for your team AND a fundraiser for MITS.
- Host a MITS House Party
- Plan a one-time event at a local school, such as an underwear drive or a shoe drive. Coordinate with the next visiting group to ship the donations to Kenya.
- Spread the word about MITS internships to every college student you know.
- Donate your birthday to MITS! Instead of presents, ask for donations to MITS. Make it fun… if it’s your 33rd birthday, ask for $33 donations.
- Send printed photos back to Kenya. A physical photo of you and a student is a cherished possession. You can order photos from an online photo printing service such as smugmug (above) and have them sent directly to Charles and Darlene Coulston (or you can print and send them yourself). Their mailing address in the States is: Charles and Darlene Coulston, P.O. Box 93165, Southlake, TX 76092.
- Start planning your return visit!